It sucks when it rains in Karachi. Due to the mismanagement and inefficiency of civic authorities and the utility service providers, the largest city of Pakistan crumbles with few millimeters of downpour. In spite of tall claims and media campaigns of “we’re ready this time”, Karachites worry about water clogging, traffic jams and electricity outages […]
Archive | Current Affairs RSS feed for this section
How to beat the heatwave: Save yourself and others from effects of heatstroke Take these steps to prevent heatstroke during hot weather: Wear loose fitting, lightweight clothing. Wearing excess clothing or clothing that fits tightly won’t allow your body to cool properly. Protect against sunburn. Sunburn affects your body’s ability to cool itself. Apply sunscreen […]
The wave of changing face of education swamped us, globally, around the oncoming of the new millennium. Prior to that, education still had value. Education was taught for the sake of educating minds. Opening the minds to knowledge and critical thinking. But, around the 2000s, education became just another money-churning business. An endlessly profitable business […]
Pakistan “celebrated” first anniversary of Army Public School massacre that left more than 170 people dead, including 140 children. As in the case of other national disasters, we have not learned any lessons from one of the largest acts of terrorism on Pakistani soil. In fact, when a nation refuse to learn any lesson from […]
Ishtiaq Ahmed, author of more than 800 books for children, passed away in Karachi. He was 74 years old. Ishtiaq Ahmed was in Karachi to attend Karachi International Book Fair (#Kibf). He was at Karachi airport waiting for flight to Lahore when he experienced heart attack, which proved to be fatal. Isthiaq Ahmed was the […]
Chaos at Driving License Branches in Karachi as People Flock For Licenses and Traffic Police Fails to Deliver
The drivers of Karachi, who drive bikes and vehicles of all sorts without possessing a valid driving license, started the day in fear after a last moment announcement by Traffic Police authorities that driving without a valid license will result in arrest and jail. On Friday, October 30th, it was announced that anyone driving without […]
Earthquake in Pakistan: October 26, 2015 A powerful earthquake struck Pakistan and Afghanistan at 2.09pm on Monday afternoon. The quake was 213 km (132 miles) deep and centered 254 km (158 miles) northeast of Kabul in Badakhshan province. The U.S. Geological Survey initially measured the magnitude at 7.7, then revised it down to 7.5. Forty […]
14th August 2015, another independence day of Pakistan. We are all Pakistani today. Although the fun fare and excitement has more to do with consumerism and commercialism than patriotism. رمضان میں ہم مسلمان ہوتے ہیں، چودہ اگست کو پاکستانی. — Kashif Aziz (@kashaziz) August 13, 2015 The Independence Day is a good time for self […]
The largest child abuse / child rape case in the history of Pakistan has came into main stream media after villagers from and other villages clashed with Punjab Police, accusing them of not taking action against the child rapists. The Nation did a detailed report on it which I don’t want to reproduce here due […]
Reportedly, more than 500 900 1200 people have died in the on-going heatwave in Karachi (unofficial sources claim the numbers are higher than 3,000). With city wide electricity crisis, water shortage and lack of support from the government, citizens of Karachi are largely on their own – supporting each other to beat the heat and […]
- Solomon: Damn man. That was savage. Impressed....
- Zeeshan: I didn't believe in any such thing but then there...
- Sarmad osmany: My name is sarmad it means the ever living and li...
- Abdullah: Salman are you illuminati??...
- Kirat: Hi I am Kirat and I think some one had done magic ...
- Shaheer: Yeah I knew that house which is close to Fatima ho...
- Syma: I have expired nic but my nicop is valid. Is it ...
- SABINA ARIF: i want to apply for primary teacher in your school...
- All Children Killed In Peshawar School Attack Were Boys: Why Media not telling this? January 21, 2015
- The Underlying Agenda Of Feminists And What Feminism Truly Stands For October 19, 2014
- How MQM destroyed Karachi and the Urdu Speaking Mohajirs June 8, 2014
- 15 Reasons Why Gender Equality Does Not Exist April 18, 2015
- Dowry Deaths Of Men Far Exceed Those Of Women – Why Is The Indian Media Silent? December 30, 2014
- Wali Babar murder case: 2 death sentences, 4 life imprisonment awarded to MQM target killers March 2, 2014
- Mystery of the Indian Head Shake Is Finally Solved March 3, 2014
- Asia Cup 2014: The Day Shahid Afridi made Bangladeshi Girls Cry March 5, 2014
- Karachi crumbles as the rain pours August 6, 2016
- Evolution of Fashion in Pakistan April 30, 2016
- How to beat the heatwave: Save yourself and others from effects of heatstroke April 22, 2016
- Best Online Shopping Stores in Lahore March 19, 2016
- Decay of the Educational System February 25, 2016
- Pakistan Airways registered as PIA selloff becomes imminent February 21, 2016
- A year after Army Public School Peshawar Massacre December 17, 2015
- Ishtiaq Ahmed, author of 800 books of children fiction, passed away in Karachi November 18, 2015